Mini Trek and Picnic Time Included
Now running – 11.30am – 12.30pm
We offer mini treks for families with younger children and alpaca picnics at John Muir Alpacas!
These sessions cost £10 entry per person (adults and children). Please note, all children must be accompanied by an adult.
The idea is you come along, meet and feed the alpacas, then have a short walk with them around their paddock! We’ve had magical tipi marquees put up too! So you can have a picnic in the tents afterwards if you wish 🙂
We don’t offer the food ourselves, but provide you with the space to eat alongside your furry friends! You would have the choice to bring along your own picnic, or we have a meal-deal with the amazing Food Hamper, Dunbar, where they can make you up kids picnic boxes for £3.50 each, or £5.40 per adult, for collection on the High Street. If you want to have your food order customised, they’d be happy to work with you to advise what’s available.
For all food orders, please call the Food Hamper on:
Daytime. 01368 865152
Evening. 01875 614809
Please note The Food Hamper need at least 24 hours notice to book food orders in.
Book now for you and your family to come and meet the alpacas, lend a hand feeding them and have a go walking the alpacas around their paddock on a lead rope. After we’ve walked and learned about them, you’ll get the chance to give them their favourite treats, carrots!
Please choose your preferred date and the number of people coming (including adults) below:
John Muir Alpacas is an exciting new trekking and tourism business close to John Muir Country Park and the John Muir Way.
- John Muir Alpacas - Morning or Afternoon Walks From: £20.00
- Mini Trek and Picnic Time Included From: £10.00
- Christmas Voucher - Morning or Afternoon Alpaca Walks £20.00
- Travellers Choice Award – TripAdvisor 2020!September 21, 2020 - 7:07 pm
- Gifts and merchandise now available!May 21, 2020 - 11:42 am
- A trek with BBC Radio Scotland Out of DoorsFebruary 27, 2020 - 2:17 pm
- The alpacas supporting Fox Trail Winter Running SeriesDecember 7, 2019 - 5:15 pm
- Berty at the Borders Wedding ShowOctober 21, 2019 - 11:21 am